- Junior Division: Average Age (8-12.99)
- Senior Division: Average Age (13 & up)
- Age of all competitors is as of January 1, 2017.
Junior and Seniors will be judged separately in the following categories:
BALLET – Consisting of Ballet or Pointe techinique. Must include classical steps and movements. Ballet or Pointe shoes must be worn.
JAZZ/HIP HOP – Consisting of jazz technique and must contain primarily jazz work including funk and hip hop.
CONTEMPORARY/MODERN – Consisting of varying techniques (jazz, ballet) demonstrating balance, extension, control and interpretation.
MUSICAL THEATER – Consisting of theater style dance and musical interpretation.
NOVELTY – Consisting of all other categories, clogging, ethnic, acro/gymnatics.
TAP – Consisting of tap technique. Must wear tap shoes.
Judges reserve the right to change the competing dancers category if a piece is entered improperly.
COMPETITION ENTRY FEES
- Solo $75.00
- Duo $50.00 per dancer
- Trio $50.00 per dancer
- Group (4-8) $35.00
- Line (9 or more) $30.00
- Production (9 or more) $30.00 per dancer
- You must be pre-registered for the entire convention in order to compete.
- 2 solo entries permitted per registrant.
- The following time limits are strictly enforced. A five point deduction will be taken for any piece going over these time limits:
- Solo, Duo, Trio, Group, Line three minutes.
- Production six minutes.
- 3 gymnastic moves allowed per routine.
- Props are permissible but must not be hazardous.
- Competition Fees are non-refundable…no exceptions.
- Free Admission.
- Music will be uploaded to CDC.
- Music must be cued with no more than a 4 second lead.
- All music must be completely edited and cued to the start of each routine.
ADJUDICATION OF AWARDS
Competition entrants do not compete against each other for a single award in their category. They only compete against themselves on our scoring system. Plaque awards are presented to the top 3 scores in each category.
|High Gold||83.0-90.0||High Gold||84.0-90.0|
|High Silver||70.0-75.9||High Silver||71.0-76.9|
|High Bronze||57.0-62.9||High Bronze||58.0-63.9|
|Bronze||56.99 and below||Bronze||57.99 and below|
- Most Outstanding Presentation Trophy Award and $200 Cash Prize.
- Most Outstanding Choreography Trophy Award and $100 Cash Prize.
- Each selected by our judges.